We warrant our insulating covers to the original purchaser, to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal usage, for a period of 5 years from the date of delivery to the original customer. Such limited warranty does not cover damages caused by animals, fire, vandalism, excessive chemicals, improper installation and strain, abuse or abrasion, acts of God or use for purposes other than that for which the cover was designed. Ordinary wear and tear, de-lamination and seam splitting due to improper handling are not considered to be a defect in workmanship or material.
Custom cover foam cores are covered for 3 years. Warranty of foam cores is void if any holes have been found to puncture or penetrate either the outer covering or inner seal. Any expressed or implied warranty is limited in duration to the period stated above from the date of delivery to the original purchaser-consumer. Seller shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.
The foam core material of the cover shall be warranted for a period of two years against becoming waterlogged. For the purpose of this warranty the definition of waterlogged shall be as follows:
In order for a foam core to be considered waterlogged it must gain more than twenty five percent (25%) of its original weight within the two year warranty period. Each foam core submitted for a water logging warranty claim will be weighed by Mountain Covers Inc. on a government certified legal scale before any replacement foam core is issued.
Waterlogged foam cores will be replaced without charge during the first twelve month period and replaced on the following prorated scale for the second twelve month period.
- 1-12 months = 100% discount
- 13-16 months = 30% discount
- 17-20 months = 20% discount
- 21-36 months = 10% discount
Please note that any puncture of the polyethylene vapor barrier renders the foam core warranty null and void.
Any insulating cover deemed by us to have failed due to defects in materials or workmanship within the period stated above from date of purchase will be repaired or replaced, at our option, without charge for materials or labor The manufacturer will ship the repaired vinyl or foam to the buyer free of charge for the first year of ownership. Warranty of foam cores is void if any holes have been found to puncture or penetrate either the outer covering or inner seal.
Warranty does NOT cover improper use or any of the following:
- Insulating cover has been subjected to alteration, misuse, abuse, or if any repairs on the cover are attempted by anyone other than our authorized representatives, unless express written approval is given.
- Foam breakage or tearing of vinyl (this cover is not intended to be walked, stood, or sat upon, or any excessive weight caused by rain, water, snow, animals, or any other acts of God.
- Damage due to excessive chemicals in the water or contact with other chemicals on the cover material (this includes the use of Armorall).
- Fading of vinyl and thread is not considered a defect and will naturally occur due to normal chemical maintenance, exposure to the elements and aging.
- Torn handles due to use of excessive force (handles are for the sole purpose of opening and closing covers only, and NOT intended to be used to carry or remove cover from the spa/hot tub.
- Scuffing & Chafing or wearing holes in cover by dragging or storing/leaning against sharp objects.
- Damage caused by improper installation, or during transportation from the dealer to purchaser.
- Any damage resulting from any misuse, abuse, negligence, acts of God, accident or alteration, (i.e. cover lifts, animals and excessive weight or wind).
- We warrant our insulated covers to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty is for the period from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
- Contact Mountain Covers to obtain instructions on where to present the defective or failed cover along with a copy of the original bill of sale showing date of purchase, and a photo or photos clearly showing the claimed defect.
- No returns will be accepted without a prior issued “returned goods authorization” (RGA).
- At their discretion, the Manufacturer will repair or replace any defect deemed covered by the warranty.
- Manufacturer will pay for the shipping of vinyl, foam or other parts as necessary to the customer during the first year of the warranty. Should it be necessary, purchaser is responsible for shipping their vinyl encasement back to the Manufacturer.
- Implied Warranties: The only express warranties are set herein and any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purchase, are limited in duration to that of the expresses warranties. This warranty does not cover consequential damages or incidental damages including damage to property or injury arising for the use or inability to use this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential of incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- NOTE: Do Not walk, sit, stand, or play on the cover, never swim or play under the cover.